Rediscovering Google February 14, 2009Posted by simarprit in : Google, Search Engines, SEO , trackback
This one is a self-assigned project to understand how Google works for a “yet another surfer”
- Lovely adaptation for Valentine’s Day – Google logo played around looks good.
- Search term: Indian restaurant in San Jose ca
- Google Search or I’m Feeling Lucky
- I’m Feeling Lucky
- Wow – takes me to Yahoo local – http://local.yahoo.com/CA/San+Jose/Food+Dining/Restaurants/Indian+Restaurants
- I like what I see. I am done. 10/10
- Google Search
- I am happy with what I see, Local results and also with the first few listings. No spamming
- Results 1 – 10 of about 20,800,000 for Indian Restaurant in San Jose ca. is misleading – A higher degree of semantic search deployment may make results and selection more meaningful.
- Let me try…
- “Indian Restaurant” + “San Jose ca”
- Results 1 – 10 of about 15,100 for “Indian Restaurant” + “San Jose ca“. Great, this is a more realistic number of content pages which can exist for this particular search term
- Image search for the term in 12. doesn’t excite me at all. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=%22Indian%20Restaurant%22%20%2B%20%22San%20Jose%20ca%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi – maybe the SEOs don’t consider it worthwhile to work on keeping this one structured
- Let us opt for Maps for the term as in 12. Nice, neat, useful – http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%22Indian%20Restaurant%22%20%2B%20%22San%20Jose%20ca%22&sa=N&hl=en&tab=fl
- News – fr the term as in 12. makes me no wiser – http://news.google.com/news?q=%22Indian+Restaurant%22+%2B+%22San+Jose+ca%22&hl=en&sa=N&tab=ln – This is not expected, there should be some news, maybe
- 20 adds and no results when you opt for the Shopping tab – http://www.google.com/products?sa=N&tab=nf&q=%22Indian%20Restaurant%22%20%2B%20%22San%20Jose%20ca%22 Is it right? – Yes and No. Yes because technically one doesn’t go to shop at restaurants. No because there are twenty advertisers showing up.
I am loving it. Would be back with more shortly…