Clove and Mint Poached Fish March 1, 2011Posted by simarprit in Food.
Tags: Fish, Food, Poached Fish, Recipe
This one came out very well.
What you need.
- Fresh Water Sole (Fillets) – 500 Grams
- Cloves – 10
- Black Cardamom – 2
- Mint Chutney – 3 Tablespoons
- Poaching Liquor (I used onion, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, green chili and chicken stock)
- Ginger Paste – 1 Spoon
- Garlic Paste – 1 Spoon
- Lemon Juice – I Tablespoon
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1 Teaspoon (grounded)
- Turmeric Powder 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper
And now this is what I did:
- Washed fish in Salt and Turmeric Powder
- Marinated fish (Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Paste, Ginger Paste, lemon Juice)
- Added Mint Chutney, Cloves, Carom Seeds, Black Cardamom and one Green Chili to Poaching Liquor and took it to boiling stage
- Added Marinated Fish Fillets
- Poached till the poaching liquor reduced to half its original volume
- Took the fillets out and had them with a side of veggies
Done and enjoyed.