Replacing our Logan December 25, 2012Posted by simarprit in : Cars , trackback
We have been thinking of replacing our daily use car, Mahindra Renault Logan. it was bought in 2007 and has served us well. We are spoiled for choice and it has taken us some effort to get to our shortlist of 5. Our range was wide Rs 800,000/- to Rs 15,00,000/- and the requirement was for diesel vehicle which can do 100 KMs per day, six days a week.
Here are the eight which couldn’t make it to our final five, and why?
- Tata Manza ClubClass EXL – First choice, was a shock elimination for me personally. Dealership is under-equipped to sell this car, they won’t be able to maintain it. They couldn’t show us the exact variant we wanted to see and buying experience was pathetic to say the least.
- Tata Safari Strome – Dealership is under-equipped to sell this car and for a Rs 12,00,000/- + vehicle no steering mounted controls buttons underscore the experience. Exterior is fabulous but it can’t cover for other negatives.
- Hyundai Verna – Turban hits the roof while getting in and out of rear seat.
- Renault Scala – Turban hits the roof while getting in and out of rear seat.
- Rennault Fluence – Turban hits the roof while getting in and out of rear seat.
- Nissan Sunny – Turban hits the roof while getting in and out of rear seat.
- Skoda Rapid – Dealership experience was bad, doesn’t build confidence for service for 5-6 years.
- Toyota Altis – Value for money is not there, the car is at least Rs 200,000/- overpriced and looks are very dated.
The final five and why:
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi O – Comfort, low-cost of ownership and (lounge) flexible seating of middle row. Looks like would serve all our needs and that occasional, when more than 5 have to go together.
- Ford New Fiesta Titanium & Style – Most sexy looking cars within our budget. Very good engine mounting, almost no vibrations, our great experience with our Ford Fiesta bought in 2006, still running strong.
- VW – Vento Highline – VW, we like the facelift, buying experience was excellent, car gives a feel of a good vehicle, build quality is best in the class.
- Toyota Etios VXD – Dealership experience was pleasant, our own experience with Toyota has been fascinating. Etios looks like a heavy-duty, no-nonsense car, attractive pricing in its range.
- Renault Duster 110 PS RXZ – Looks good, good experience of a Renault product, great road presence, interesting colors to choose from.
Would post here in a day or two on which one we went for and why?