Jaipur wall April 11, 2010Posted by simarprit in : Design, Uncategorized , add a comment
Blue Pottery and Jaipur now have a common heritage. Blue Pottery’s origin is widely believed to be Smarkhand, it is said that it traveled to India with Moghuls and got perfected initially by Kashmiri potters/ craftsmen. Blue Glazed Pottery has two attributes which define it, Persian blue color is mixed with clay and it is low fired. It is said that somewhere in early 18th century the art traveled to the erstwhile State of Jaipur and was patronized by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh.
We took time out and Mini selected these six originals to adorn our formal living space.
If you go to the link you can see all six of them. I will be writing more about Blue pottery and its association with Jaipur over next few days.
Agile Web Design September 19, 2008Posted by simarprit in : Design, Web 2.0, Web 2.0 Expo, websites , add a comment
Agile Web Design and User Experience in Web 2.0 Environment – Jackson Wilkinson’s session
- Agile web design developments core has to be building a window for failure, and a window for bypassing conventional software development process.
- Agile process has a lot to do with iteration a work cycle approach where you keep on entering and exiting the cycle as you tweak and tune. You handle challenges as you move on. Agile processes are largely collaborative.
- Embedding quality in agile processes brings a better product after each iteration cycle
- Time to do really good design work has no alternative, path of least resistance makes for decidedly inferior products which are likely to be similar to many around
- Cycle Zero must have defined receivables, mood boards or dummies should be handled during cycle zero or phase zero whatever you call it.
- User stories stage and cycle planning is critical to cost and time management
- Collaborative UX meeting and Collaborative UI meetings help in thinking out of the box and get everyone on the same page. Designers get a time to figure how the site is going to look like and what the challenges would be.
- Stand-up stage of just an update and plan for the day helps in monitoring agile development and measuring it over various stages.
- Testing, Validation and Public Demos are parts of the cycle and are looked at at-least once in eavery cycle/ phase
- Be rapid through your cycles and don’t justg et stuck at a point, move on, there are going to be other stages of iteration