Microblogging and Specification Document January 22, 2009Posted by simarprit in : Microblogging, Uncategorized, websites , add a comment
Look, look who’s talking now – Ha! Ha! After all the talk about agile development (AD/ ASD) platform and microblogging, I have finally got down to preparing specifications document. Our Cycle Zero is over, we have made whatever we desired in http://www.DilKholKeBol.com under ASD platform now it is our turn to set our house in order. At this stage we are zeroing down on the right SDLC school/ methodology to be followed to make our microblogging platform a robust multipurpose, easily deploy-able, inherently agile core.
So here we go on what all we have and what all we desire in the Version 3.0 of our microblogging platform.
- We wish to cover 20% of all mobile instruments available in the market. We hope these 20% would be the top 20% in usage thus allowing us to cover 80% market.
- You can do picture upload from mobile through GPRS
- You would be able to video upload through GPRS
- You can do text through GPRS, you would be able to do text through SMS
- Person Search
- Blog Search
- Refresh Indicator
- Uploading from indication
- Seamless integration with blogging site
- Trending topics
- Twitter RSS feed integration
- Picture archiving and Personal/ Public
- Video archiving and Personal/ Pulblic
- Registration features
- Audio integration
- Podcast integration
- Short URL interface
Most of the above is already there, we are going to go ahead and make it to order form made on the fly – what we have done so far.
Please suggest more features…
Twitter and Brand Building January 15, 2009Posted by simarprit in : Microblogging, SEO, Twitter , add a comment
Just attended a session on Twitter and Brand Building. Some quick takeaways:
- Define and document who do you want to be seen as
- Define and document “who all” (you desire) see you around
- Be simple and upfront
- Let your tweets add value
- Never Spam
- Never pile on
- Remember you are in a cloud – be proactive, but don’t be pushy
- No bursts of tweets – regular, routine, habit forming approach is better. You’ve belong to the community and not be a guest.
- Communication is important. If you are communicating, you are listening and talking, you are reacting and agreeing, reacting and disagreeing. In short participation is important
- Have a precise profile
More to come…