Viral Marketing – Web 2.0 Expo September 17, 2008Posted by simarprit in : 'Viral Marketing, Blogging, Internet, Marketing Strategies, Web 2.0, Web 2.0 Expo, websites , 1 comment so far
Random thoughts and Gyan on Essentials of Viral Marketing
- Jonah Peretti has begun with the mess which is Web 2.0 everyone talks to everyone, something like a confernce without a moderator.
- Are you part of the network whch networks, are you in a position to initiate a viral. Network structure make a difference to whether your viral spreads or not…. Your network would determine whether you can start a forest fire.
- Influential people become the key factor to success..
- If it is a tree without a stem, so my question how would it gain height.
- People don’t know what they like, thy like to look around and like what others are doing, how can you cash this sentiment.
- Contagious Media – Make something which people would love to share.
- Accidental virals do good, so make accidents happen.
- Half the time in office is spent on blogging, IM, Skype etc..
- Bored at Work Network (BWN) can create an expert out of anyone, can you leverage it..
- Seed your viral with big number start big, you would reach somewhere even if you fail. LoL Jonah is calling it Big Seed Marketing
- Seed to extra ratio can help….
- Multi Seed Marketing, plant many tree, some may bear fruit…. live measurement can be a way to lookafter the seed which is reacting and becoming a tree. Multi-Seed is an option when you are sure that you are not sure what will work. So you can always remove the bad seeds and grow the ones which work.
- Mullet Strategy, Business upfront, party in the back….Add, edit, test, tweak, optimize, be alive — be live and remember to remove it if it is not working
- Histrionic works, try it alongside
- Cartoons work, look at using them effectively….
- Have focused growth strategy, obsession with quality can be additional baggage, Make what people would love.