Follow Winners and Become One – The Twitter Way December 6, 2009Posted by simarprit in Twitter.
Tags: Be a winner, Management, Twitter, Winner
Two years and one month of Twitter life has made a difference to me, and what I am working to be.
I have always seen myself as a winner, optimism and go-for-it have been consistently on the overdrive. I have been restless & naive and savvy & cautious at the same time. Post Twitter, I am wiser, following winners across various domains have redefined few critical meanings for me and this post is all about sharing my experiences of following winners. Twitter offered me a platform to understand winners better and this post is a tribute to Twitter for opening hundreds of windows of endless learning for me.
- Winners are sensitive, but never beyond a point
- Winners are candid, but only where they choose to be
- Winners do help, but would wait for it to be asked categorically, rarely would they change their course to offer unasked for services
- Winners begin with an agenda and remember that commas, semicolons, colons can come at every stage and take them in their stride. They are always watching out for periods/full-stops, forced with an unplanned full-stop, they would ensure that they walk away from the situation and would bear the cost of it
- Winners believe that there are times “when you can have your cake and eat it too” they enjoy these moments and never miss them when they come their way, but they always eat quietly
- Winners always know that there are more from where they themselves came, and are early to recognize one
- Winners do have their biases, but their biases are never carried on their sleeves and seldom acknowledged in these many words
- Winners do their fair share of mistakes, but they seldom drag them too far
- Winners know that they are obsessed with themselves, they also know that many around them know about it and are comfortable with it
- Winners have few dreams and they are always far between. Their dreams come back night after night and push them to convert them into reality, maybe they just dream what they want their future to be and work for it
- Winners never lose the sight of winners of yesterday who ultimately lost, prejudge turbulence and ensure that it remains local
- Winners think positive and negative, of course they think more positive than negative. Looks like only positive thinkers may crash land more often than the positive & negative thinkers
- Winners do take breaks, and they often take breaks when conventional wisdom says they should be sticking out
- Winners reward loyalists, leaders and never ignore sycophants, they use them intelligently
- Winners don’t mind hiding truth, they are never into tell all mission
- Winners are aware about “stiff upper lip” and “never explain, never complain” privileges which come their way, they do use them, sometimes even often
- Winners watch other winners in their domain but avoid getting into direct conflicts
- Winners go out-of-the-way to court bigger winners in their non-related domains
- Winners trust others, but never more than they trust themselves
- Winners are accessible, but they would never tell the route to access them, if you find out they welcome you and treat you as a winner
Each of the above takeaway can be mapped with at-least few of the winners I am following in my Twitter account. To say that all attributes fit all winners would be an incorrect statement.